New Haven Unified School District
The original Logan High School campus was established in 1959 with about 1,200 students. In 1974, Aedis was engaged to design an expanded library/media center and little theater. There are now 152 classrooms (including 45 portables), 599-seat performing arts center, media center, health center, student store, activities director center, curriculum center, career center, baseball/softball stadiums, tennis complex and basketball court complex, auto shop, video studio, cafeteria, student union, 3,000-seat pavilion gymnasium with dance studio, swim complex and a 4,050-seat football stadium. The campus is divided into three “houses”, each house administrated by a separate staff and office. The campus currently has a capacity for 4,200 students. All this work was done by Aedis.
For over 30 years, we have been a highly involved partner for the District and trusted a advisor. We helped address not just issues related to facilities, but also those related to the changing curriculum and fluctuating capacity. We listened attentively while offering solutions that took into consideration the diverse opinions and concerns that we heard. We are honored to be part of making Logan High School what it is today: a recognized California Distinguished School by the California Department of Education and one of the first high schools in the nation to be awarded the national award for Excellence in Education.
Expansion and reorganization of an urban campus from 1,200 student capacity to 4,200 students
Daylighting for all instructional spaces
New outdoor courtyards that serve as central areas for informal gathering and outdoor learning